TERMS & CONDITIONS
- DEPOSIT – Initial $500.00 deposit is required to secure an event date. The outstanding balance of your event must be paid in full 5 days prior to event unless otherwise organised with Wharf One Café management. See cancellation policy in regards to deposit refund
- FOOD & BEVERAGE – The minimum number of guests guaranteed is required one week prior to the function and is the number of guests to be charged for. In the event that no guaranteed number is received at this time, the original number of guests indicated will be charged for. A tolerance of 10% guest increase will permitted in regards to food charges, however any extra guests on a drinks package will be charged full price.
- VENUE HIRE & MUSIC – Live music (DJ’s & Bands) cannot extend beyond 10pm on decking and must be facing away from the residential area. Hired entertainment must comply with the sound restrictions stated on our liquor license. The supervisor on duty reserves the right to cease the entertainment at any time should it not comply with the conditions. All external entertainment at Wharf One requires a signed noise contract agreement prior to the entertainer’s arrival. If any fines are incurred due to noise of entertainment, these fines will be charged to the client.
- DISPLAY, SIGNS & DAMAGE – The client will be responsible for all loss or damage to the property of Wharf One Cafe, any fixtures, fittings, furnishings or goods of the cafe, caused by or arising from any act or omission by the client, their guests, contractor or subcontractors, or any other persons attending the function. Please note that nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to the wall, door or other surfaces, which are part of the cafe.
- BYO – Under no circumstances does Wharf One Cafe allow any event guests to bring their own food or beverage onto the event premises without prior permission from management in writing (Cake excluded).
- PRICE VARIATION – All prices are current at this time and are subject to change at the Wharf One Café’s discretion, to allow for market cost variations.
- CHANGE OF EVENT SPACE – If the wharf space cannot be made available due to causes beyond the control of Wharf One, Wharf One will help to find a suitable alternate venue and refund all monies paid.
- COMPLIANCE – The organiser will be responsible to ensure the orderly behaviour of guests and Wharf One reserves the right to remove those persons who in its opinion are conducting themselves in a manner which is causing a disturbance or nuisance. Wharf One Cafe’s liquor license does not permit any guests to consume their own alcohol in the café lease space or public area’s surrounding. Any guests found doing so will have their alcohol confiscated which will be disposed of. Wharf One adhere to Responsible Service of Alcohol policies. Service of alcohol may be refused to patrons who are unduly intoxicated or disorderly. This is Queensland law.
- SECURITY –Wharf One asks that all decorations, merchandise, left over cakes and equipment be removed immediately after the event unless agreed otherwise by management. Due to a shortage of lockable space – Wharf One will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any equipment or merchandise left on the premises prior to, during or after your event.
- SURCHARGES – The following surcharges will apply. Public Holidays – additional 15% of event value
Cancellation of events will attract fees calculated as follows:
– OVER 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – no cancellation fees
– WITHIN 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – a fee of the $500 deposit will be payable.
– WITHIN 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – a cancellation fee of 25% will be payable
– WITHIN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT a cancellation fee of 50% will be payable
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO COVID-19 LOCKDOWN OR SIMILAR
– OVER 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – no cancellation fees
– WITHIN 3 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT – a cancellation fee of 25% will be payable
Please read these terms carefully. If you do not understand any of the terms or have any questions, please discuss them with our representative.
If you have read and understood the terms and conditions set out above and accept them, please tick the box below. In agreeing to the terms and conditions, they are binding upon you.